Our Core Values
The most important thing in all the world is loving God. At Victory we are fervently committed to passionately loving God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength; and to see our love for God reflected in our worship, time, talent and treasure… “Touching God.”
The second most important thing in all the world is to love people. We love people at Victory and are committed to deep relationships with people and families: to live life together in all of its triumphs and tragedies; successes and struggles; joys and sorrows… “Touching People.”
Loving our Community
Lost people matter to God and so lost people matter to Victory. For this reason, we are passionate about lifestyle evangelism and we are a church that intentionally reaches out to lost People… “Touching the Lost.”
Christ turns people into fully devoted followers; thus Victory seeks to turn imperfect people into fully devoted followers of Christ and to empower them to become doers of the Word. At Victory, we seek to constantly uphold the believer’s position in Christ, preaching the whole counsel of God’s Word from a positive, faith-building perspective… “Touching Christ-Likeness.”
Every person is created in the image of God and is precious and valuable, filled with enormous potential. We believe that everyone is gifted, that every member is a minister and that every person matters… “Touching With Gifts.”
The Holy Spirit is the “Life” of the church; empowering the body of Christ to do the works of Christ and bear His fruit in our lives. We are committed to experiencing the continual empowering and leading of the Holy Spirit in our lives and church… “Touched By The Spirit.”
Victory is led by men and women with hearts that follow after God, serving His people in strategic leadership; they are mission-driven, with a spirit of excellence that honours God and inspires people… “Touching The Body.”
What We Believe
Luke 1:1 “…to set in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us.
- In one true and living God, eternally existing and revealed to us as the Father, Creator of all things; the Son, Jesus Christ, God Incarnate, and the Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, death for our sins, bodily resurrection, ascension unto God, and imminent return in power and glory.
- The Holy Scriptures are the inspired and complete revelation of God’s will concerning man’s salvation through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That men are saved solely through faith in God’s grace as displayed in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- In water baptism as a public declaration that a believer has died with Christ and risen with Him to walk a life of holiness and love.
- In the unity of all true believers as members of the universal body of Christ regardless of denominational affiliation.
- In the celebration of the Lord’s Supper as a remembrance of Jesus.
- In the ministry of the Holy Spirit:
- By the inward witness of salvation to the believer.
- By daily guidance and the growth of Christ-like character
- By the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, an experience distinct from and following the new birth, evidenced initially by speaking with other tongues and subsequently by the manifestation of spiritual power in public testimony and service.
- by the manifestation of the supernatural gifts of the Spirit as listed in 1 Corinthians 12:8-10.
- That Jesus Christ is coming again to gather all His saints unto Himself. Those who have not accepted His redemptive work on their behalf will suffer eternal separation from the Godhead.
- That following His return Jesus Christ will rule and reign for one thousand years on the earth. After this there will be a new heaven and a new earth.